Sunday, March 1, 2009

New Year's Resolutions in March!!!

Okay so I'm a little behind in setting my New Year's resolutions, but better late than never...!

So my resolution? To blog (a form of Journaling) every Sunday! That way not only can I share my thoughts and doings with those I love but also remind myself of the experiences I've had over the past week.

So today is March 1st, not January 1st...But here is my first blog of 2009!

This year I resolve to:

Connect with my extended family more!

A week ago we had a Kearl Girl Game night. It wasn't anything fancy or elaborate but it was so much fun to visit, giggle a realize that there really are generation gaps between the mom's and the girls! Thanks to all of you who took time out of your busy schedules to come! I hope we do it again soon!

Read the scriptures daily

Yes it's something we all should be doing anyway, and I'm usually pretty good, but this year I want to be faithful 100% (Like Horton). About a month a go I was called to be the Gospel Doctrine teacher in my ward...A calling I've never wanted and had hoped to never receive, but alas the call came! Perhaps it was a little nudge from Heaven to help me with this resolution!

WOW myself (aka as Obeying the word of wisdom)

In the past I've made a resolution to loose __ pounds and I was usually unsuccessful! This year I'm taking a different approach. The goal is the same, but the methods are founded in the scriptures (that I now study daily per resolution #2)... Rather than just loose weight, I want to more fully understand and live the word of wisdom. I gave up caffinated beverages when I was 15 and haven't ever gone back, but there's more to it than that! So my goal this year is to WOW myself! Bring on the fruits and vegetables...

Choose to be Happy

Life is all about the choices we make...and I'm a firm believer that daily we have to choose happiness! I was recently reminded of words of wisdom from Dumbledore to Harry Potter,
"It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." -- Dumbledore, page 333 Chamber of Secrets

So I will choose to be happy!

2 comments:

Bee Happy Stamper said...

We did a WOW night for YW a few years ago. The girls loved it. I love your new goal of updating (journaling) once a week. YAY!
Enjoy all those fruits and veggies =)

Bee Happy Stamper said...

I love the Brand New Year widget! My kids love all the songs...it's Jay's goal to be in this show someday!